Monday, December 7, 2009

The Beginning of our Journey

It has been one week since I "officially" found out from my doctor that we are expecting a very wonderful little miracle. Kevin and I have been married for just over 2 years and together for over 5 years. We started talking about having kids about 6 months ago. At that time it was just a brief conversation, discussing that yes we want children but not right away. Something changed in me the day he turned to me and said "I would be totally fine if we got pregnant. I really do want kids". It's almost like an internal switch went on and I realized truly how much I have wanted children.

We decided in August that we would no longer "not try to get pregnant" and let fate take the wheels. Well surprise surprise it didn't' take long 3 cycles later I took my first pregnancy test after being "late" and it alerted me with a positive on Saturday Nov 28th. I didn't quite believe it and ended up taking 2 more tests, and went to see the doctor on Monday which confirmed - WE ARE HAVING A BABY!

Kevin and I were both extremely excited and overjoyed to have a Christmas surprise for our family :)

I have been feeling pretty good, sooo sooo sooo tired but other than that haven't had too many symptoms.

I plan to post updates here and post pictures of the baby bump as well as document how I'm feeling and what else is going on in our wonderful life. It sounds like we will be having an August baby although we have to wait to confirm that and I am just so happy and thankful for all that we have!

LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment