Monday, November 1, 2010

32 weeks - 8 weeks to go.......


your baby
• From the top of his head to the tips of his toes, your baby is about 42 cm (18.9 in) and he weighs nearly as much as large pineapple - 1.8 kg (4 lbs).
• How is your baby lying? Head first? Bottom first? During the past month, your baby's head has become harder, so it may be possible for your caregiver to determine how he's lying now. Many babies have spent the last few weeks lying in the breech position - with their head at the top of the uterus and their feet at the bottom near the birth canal. But over this week and the next, most babies turn around so that their head comes first - the perfect position for birth.
• Your baby is going through a period of rapid brain development now and, yes, that head of his is getting bigger!
• Your baby's bladder has begun to function by passing urine. He's practising how to urinate for his upcoming life beyond the womb.


****************************************************************



32 weeks!!!! 8 Weeks to go!!

8 weeks? 2 months? I am just in shock how each week seems to go by so quickly and we have a very busy November so it will be December before I know it!

My belly really has grown:

I am starting to feel "uncomfortable" more often. At the beginning of the day I normally feel pretty good, but by the time 5pm rolls around I feel "stuffed" and often feel the little guy nestling into my ribs. My ribcage has been pretty sore the last week or so - so I definitely know he is growing! I am consistently putting on weight and have gained about 24 lbs. 

Kevin has time off this weekend :) and we hope to get the baby's room done (trim and painting) and then we can start putting together the crib etc. I will feel much better when all of that is complete and things start coming together. I am down to bi-weekly doctor's appointments and soon it will be weekly :)

I am still not sleeping great. Seem to wake up in the middle of the night often for one reason or another and have a tough time going back to sleep. Some nights I am really uncomfortable and the next I feel ok so I'm guessing it depends on what position the baby is in. I have felt more pressure in my groin area - especially after I do something (walk, clean etc) and the little guy has been very active and I often get twinges of pain when he seems to be kicking/hitting my hip/ribcage. He often has hiccups at least 1x per day and I love the feeling of him moving around. Last night I just sat and watched as my belly shifted back and forth.....I will try to get a video and post it. Cheers to 8 more weeks (or maybe a bit more). I can't wait to meet you little one - you have so many people who are excited and anxious for your arrival - ready to love you and spoil you!


No comments:

Post a Comment