Wednesday, December 1, 2010

36 or 37 weeks

Last week was a BUSY week. I went to a prenatal class with my sister (thank you so much TAMMY) and we learned a bunch of info on labour and delivery. She was staying for the whole week and it was so nice to have someone to come home to and hang out with and I know the doggies LOVED it too :)

I got an ultrasound on Thursday (Nov 25) to check the baby's position. It was really nice to see baby again and he was just so darn cute. Got a neat picture of his little button nose and the ultrasound has him measuring at 3.11kg (6.9 lbs). He was also head down so that was good! The measurements they take showed me at 38.5 weeks which is 3 weeks ahead of where I was at according to my last menstrual period. This had me freaking out quite a bit and when my doctor's office called to move my appointment I asked if I could get into to see her ASAP and was able to get in on Saturday. She went over the results and explained things to Kevin and I and changed the due date from the 28th to the 19th which had been the due date my 20 week ultrasound had given. She said the worry is the baby getting too big if I don't go into labour naturally (they won't deliver naturally a baby that is measuring more that 4.4kg - 9.7lbs) and that they would induce me by the 28th if I haven't. Kevin had then said "what about January" and she laughed and said she  could probably do that and that Jan 2 is the longest she would let me go. Soooo really it could be any day now but I'm hoping baby hangs in there and we have the new years baby ;) Also according to the ultrasound he has good breathing activity so that means that hopefully his lungs are developed and we have no worries there :)

On Saturday Kevin and I attended the other prenatal class which was on breastfeeding and infant care. Learned alot and was very happy Kevin could come and participate.

Physically I am still feeling really good. I have bursts of energy and maybe overdo it a bit....which I am now trying hard not to do. With working full time still my energy can be quite low and I am going to focus hard on getting good sleep and resting when I can. I am getting much larger and although it hasn't affected me big time, I am having some minor aches and pains here and there. My weight gain is still below 30lbs which I am happy with but I know that baby is continuing to gain each week so I'm trying not to focus on my weight and just eat healthy. Here's a pic of the bump:



So I am either 36 weeks and 2 days or 37 weeks and 3 days - either way the baby will come when he wants to so I am just trying to enjoy every moment of feeling him move and groove in my tummy and looking forward to seeing his beautiful little face! I am anxious about labour but know that I have a strong support system and that I'm tough - hopefully tough enough :)

I went yesterday to the hospital to go through their preadmissions clinic. It was good and nice to get out of the way so you don't have to worry about it when you are in labour. My RN who took me through all the paperwork and got my history was very nice and it was good to see the labour/delivery rooms (much nicer than I thought they would be) and now I am able to visualize being there and giving birth. It made me realize how close all of this is and how excited I am to meet little one.....still don't have a name 100% yet. We have a top 5 and will wait until we meet the little guy. AHHHHH so excited and really excited for Christmas. Almost done shopping too which makes me feel less stressed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment