• Your baby is about the size of a small lime now. He weighs about 8g (0.3 oz) and he's about 44 to 66 mm (1.8 to 2.4 in) long, from the crown of his head to his buttocks. But not for long. He's entering a period of rapid growth. Over the next three weeks, he will double in length!• Your baby has become quite an active little guy, kicking and swallowing away inside your womb. His fingernails have formed and his external genitals are beginning to develop now. In three weeks, your baby's development into a boy or girl will be complete.
Just how does your body provide your baby with all the nutrients and oxygen he needs to grow? Through the umbilical cord! It's like a blood vessel that's as thick as your index finger and about 20 inches long. With one end attached to your baby's navel and the other to the placenta, the umbilical cord carries oxygenated blood to your baby and takes de-oxygenated blood and wastes from your baby back to the placenta.
Of course, the more your baby grows, the more your uterus presses against your bladder and other organs. You may find you have to urinate more often, and constipation (due to pressure and intestinal changes) is a common pregnancy complaint as well.
**********************************************************************************
On Monday I was feeling sick (as usual) but also quite dizzy. I decided to phone the doctor to see if I could get into see her and luck would have it I did. She checked me out and I have some fluid in one of my ears which could cause unbalance maybe leading to dizziness. She told me to watch it and if I started feeling sick to come back in for some antibiotics. BUT the biggest most exciting thing happened while I was there. She pulled out the doppler to see if she could get baby......and almost immediately I heard a fast lub dub coming from the machine and she looked at me and said "that's your baby". I hadn't been expecting it because we didn't hear it the last time she had tried and I was trying not to get my hopes up. What a wonderful beautiful AMAZING SOUND. I definitely had tears in my eyes and was so so happy as last time we never got to this point! She said the heartbeat was around 160 beats per minute - Perfect she said I'm absolutely not worried about that!
I have been feeling better from the Diclectin but definitely still moments of ickiness.......and I have been sooo sooo sooooooooooooooo tired. Going to bed most nights at 8pm - sleeping right through til 6am!!! But I have felt rested at least and a bit better in the mornings so here's to hoping I only have a few weeks before I get my groove back :)
My tummy is definitely growing! Pretty much all of my pants still fit but are tight and uncomfortable and I am no longer able to wear the majority of my shirts because they show the bump that is growing. Right now I look more "chubby" then anything but I am hoping my belly holds off another month until I tell work. I am fastly approaching the 2nd trimester and am looking forward to what this journey has in-store for me :) Right now my favorite names are Lukas/Lucas (not sure how we would spell it) for a boy and McKenzie or Kassidy for a girl.
LOOOVE you little one!!! I cannot wait to meet you!!!!!!


Just how does your body provide your baby with all the nutrients and oxygen he needs to grow? Through the umbilical cord! It's like a blood vessel that's as thick as your index finger and about 20 inches long. With one end attached to your baby's navel and the other to the placenta, the umbilical cord carries oxygenated blood to your baby and takes de-oxygenated blood and wastes from your baby back to the placenta.
Of course, the more your baby grows, the more your uterus presses against your bladder and other organs. You may find you have to urinate more often, and constipation (due to pressure and intestinal changes) is a common pregnancy complaint as well.
**********************************************************************************
On Monday I was feeling sick (as usual) but also quite dizzy. I decided to phone the doctor to see if I could get into see her and luck would have it I did. She checked me out and I have some fluid in one of my ears which could cause unbalance maybe leading to dizziness. She told me to watch it and if I started feeling sick to come back in for some antibiotics. BUT the biggest most exciting thing happened while I was there. She pulled out the doppler to see if she could get baby......and almost immediately I heard a fast lub dub coming from the machine and she looked at me and said "that's your baby". I hadn't been expecting it because we didn't hear it the last time she had tried and I was trying not to get my hopes up. What a wonderful beautiful AMAZING SOUND. I definitely had tears in my eyes and was so so happy as last time we never got to this point! She said the heartbeat was around 160 beats per minute - Perfect she said I'm absolutely not worried about that!
I have been feeling better from the Diclectin but definitely still moments of ickiness.......and I have been sooo sooo sooooooooooooooo tired. Going to bed most nights at 8pm - sleeping right through til 6am!!! But I have felt rested at least and a bit better in the mornings so here's to hoping I only have a few weeks before I get my groove back :)
My tummy is definitely growing! Pretty much all of my pants still fit but are tight and uncomfortable and I am no longer able to wear the majority of my shirts because they show the bump that is growing. Right now I look more "chubby" then anything but I am hoping my belly holds off another month until I tell work. I am fastly approaching the 2nd trimester and am looking forward to what this journey has in-store for me :) Right now my favorite names are Lukas/Lucas (not sure how we would spell it) for a boy and McKenzie or Kassidy for a girl.
LOOOVE you little one!!! I cannot wait to meet you!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment