Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Animal love

My fur babies have been amazing since we brought home Kason. Although they had been pretty upset the days leading up to us coming home (we were in the hospital for 5 days and my one dog Dutchess in particular was sort of depressed - I am home all of the time so for me to not be there for that long they knew something was up).

While in the hospital I had my hubby and family take home a couple outfits/blankets that Kason wore so that they would get used to his smell. I'm not 100% sure but I really think it made a difference. When we first got home they smelled him and we made sure to encourage them saying "good girls" etc. but wouldn't let them get too close to him for the first few weeks. I still remember the look on both of their faces when Kason started crying. I still think they think they are in trouble when he cries but they are both very concerned and love to sniff him........they have started to sniff and lick him a little bit which we allow always giving positive feedback (good girl etc). I know one of the most important things will be to teach Kason to be nice to them. I've done alot of reading and once he is really interacting with them I will make sure to reinforce him being gentle with the dogs and the dogs being gentle with him.

Here are a couple pics :)




No comments:

Post a Comment