
• Now your baby weighs a bit more than 1 kg (2 lbs), and he's about 34 cm (15.3 in) long from head to toe. That's about as long as your average watermelon.• Around this point in his development, your baby will open his eyes for the first time. Until now his eyelids, which formed around week 11, have been fused shut.• Your baby's retinas - light-sensitive tissue at the back of his eyes where visual images form - are developing. The retina sends information from visual images to the brain, which interprets the information into our sense of sight. Your baby will soon be able to see the light that penetrates your uterus and softly illuminates his shadowy world.
Chances are you're waddling instead of walking these days! Now that the top of your uterus is sitting about halfway between your navel and your ribcage, your centre of gravity has probably shifted forward, over your legs. This may alter your posture and make your back ache. To alleviate back pain, wear low heeled shoes, make sure your back is supported while you sit, and ask your partner for backrubs.As your pregnancy progresses, the cartilage that holds the joints of your pelvis together soften to make the delivery of your baby easier. You may find that all your joints are looser, but that doesn't mean you have to forgo working out. You can continue to exercise by adjusting your workouts to accommodate your growing belly and loose joints. For example, if you've been jogging regularly, you may be able to continue by cutting down your mileage or slowing to a walk.
****************************************************************
Things have been going really well. I had my monthly check-up on Friday and my weight is in a good range, my BP and pulse were great and the baby's heartbeat was 150/min (although she couldn't find it at first and thinks the baby is transverse which basically means sideways. It's still pretty early though so this isn't a real concern at this point.I got all the paperwork to have my gestational diabetes test and my RH- shot next week - not really looking forward to either of those :) I have been feeling pretty good other than fighting a cold last week. Heartburn has been bugging me a bit and I have most definitely slowed down in the working out department. I'm still trying to get in 30 min cardio a day and my hip/back has been on and off bugging me but nothing too major - normally only when I over do it a bit.
I am feeling our little boy all the time. Most days he is really active, especially after I eat or drink anything. What a blessing it is to feel this little guy moving around - I try to enjoy each moment and realize that this will be over sooner than I think! The house is coming along but still in a bit of a disarray and we have a ton of more stuff we need to buy before baby gets here BUT I cleaned the used Graco Quattro Tour travel system we bought and that was exciting to get it done :) So hard to believe its only 14 more weeks until my due date!
Here are a couple pictures of the ever expanding belly :


• Now your baby weighs a bit more than 1 kg (2 lbs), and he's about 34 cm (15.3 in) long from head to toe. That's about as long as your average watermelon.

Chances are you're waddling instead of walking these days! Now that the top of your uterus is sitting about halfway between your navel and your ribcage, your centre of gravity has probably shifted forward, over your legs. This may alter your posture and make your back ache. To alleviate back pain, wear low heeled shoes, make sure your back is supported while you sit, and ask your partner for backrubs.
I am feeling our little boy all the time. Most days he is really active, especially after I eat or drink anything. What a blessing it is to feel this little guy moving around - I try to enjoy each moment and realize that this will be over sooner than I think! The house is coming along but still in a bit of a disarray and we have a ton of more stuff we need to buy before baby gets here BUT I cleaned the used Graco Quattro Tour travel system we bought and that was exciting to get it done :) So hard to believe its only 14 more weeks until my due date!


No comments:
Post a Comment