Monday, August 30, 2010

23 weeks



I have most definitely POPPED! My belly seems to be getting bigger everyday and bending over to pick things up and getting comfy in bed at night is starting to become a chore. I started doing some cleaning and organizing this weekend for moving the spare room downstairs but unfortunately the rain prevented us from getting much done. Kevin and I did completely clean and organize the kitchen though so that felt good to accomplish something :) I may have over done it though - as I had some major back/hip pain last night. It's feeling better this morning but didn't sleep much last night do to the pain :(

I have been feeling pretty good but noticing that I cannot eat as much (small frequent meals are a good thing!) and that I am getting indigestion/heart burn a bit more than usual. This week marks Lunar Month 6!!!
 Here is a little bit of info on how baby is doing (who is kicking up a storm as usual these days :) The kicking is getting more frequent and stronger!


your baby
• Would you believe your baby is now about the size of a small doll? From the top of his head to the bottom of his buttocks, he is 20 cm (8 in) long. And he weighs 1 pound 2 ounces.
• At this point in your baby's development, his skin is wrinkly, but his intrauterine wrinkles will disappear as he gains more weight.
• The fine lanugo hair that covers your baby's body now may become darker.
• Your baby's pancreas, the organ that produces insulin and other hormones, is developing and beginning to function. When the placenta feeds your baby blood with a high sugar level, his fetal pancreas responds by upping the level of insulin in his blood.
you
The first time you noticed your little guy move it may have felt like the flutter of butterfly wings. But now his movements might feel more like miniature karate kicks. Hi-yah! The next time he goes on a kicking spree, watch your belly for a while and you may be able to see him wriggle beneath your skin.
If your bellybutton is of the "innie" persuasion, you may find it's rather flat these days and it may pop out later. But don't worry, once your baby is born, your bellybutton will resume its usual shape. (BARF - mine is still an innie!)
As your baby continues to grow, the placenta grows larger and the amount of amniotic fluid in your uterus increases. Of course, that means you're getting bigger, too. At this point, you may have gained 12 to 15 pounds. But keep in mind that babies come in different sizes and pregnancy weight gain varies widely.

No comments:

Post a Comment